In an effort to be as transparent as possible during these fluid times, Camp Mirage will be following CDC and Michigan State recommendations regarding PPE and mask requirements this summer. As of May 15th, children gathered outdoors will not be required to wear masks.
Please consider these precautions and review our Covid-19 Preparedness & Response plan below as you register. Full refunds are available until May 1st.
COVID – 19 PREPAREDNESS AND RESPONSE PLAN 2021-2022
MONITORING SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19
- Camp Mirage(CM) will check all staff for COVID-19 symptoms when they arrive. This includes temperature checks and questionnaires.
- CM will have a plan for staff absences. CM will encourage staff who may be at higher risk for COVID-19 to contact their health care provider to determine whether they should stay at home.
- In the event that CM experiences a positive case of COVID-19 in a staff member or child, CM will contact the Division of Public Health within one business day of learning of the illness to discuss the next steps and cleaning guidance specific to CM.
- CM will stagger arrival/drop-off times and pick-up times to limit direct contact with parents as much as possible.
Parents and children must wear masks in their cars for curbside drop-off and pick-up.
- CM will adhere to the following screening practices for adults and children entering the facility: Adults who drop off and pick up children must do so at the entrance to the facility, not the building. Curbside drop-off by car is preferred. Staff will receive the children and see that they arrive safely in their groups.
- CM will ensure that staff and children do not have an elevated temperature before entering the facility. Temperature checks will be done by CM staff at drop off and temperatures must be below 100.4 to enter CM CM will use touchless thermometers.
- The following questions will be asked at drop-off 1. Has your child been in close contact with a person who has COVID-19 in the last 2 weeks? If yes, the family should self-quarantine for 14 days. The child will not be allowed in CM for 14 days. 2. Has your child felt unwell in the last 24 hours (fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion, rash, nausea, and/or diarrhea). If yes, the child will not be able to attend CM until symptoms have stopped for at least 24 hours. Unfortunately, no refunds will be issued.
- CM will visually check the child for signs of illness, including flushed cheeks, rapid breathing, congestion, coughing, fatigue, or extreme fussiness, If yes, the child will not be permitted in CM until symptoms have stopped for at least 24 hours.
- CM has identified a quarantined space to safely isolate individuals who develop symptoms in our care.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE)
- Camp Mirage(CM) will encourage staff to practice every day preventative measures such as frequent hand washing, refraining from touching your face, covering a cough or sneeze with an elbow, and practicing social distancing.
- CM will follow MI requirements for cloth face coverings in regards to summer camp. These may be subject to change.
- CM will avoid mixing groups of children, by staggering the use of shared spaces.
- CM will suspend the use of all outside contractors, programs, and entertainment, both indoors and outdoors
- CM has rearranged seating so that children sit at least 6 feet apart during social time, small group, snack time, and lunchtime.
HYGIENE / CLEANING / DISINFECTING
- CM will adhere to the following additional cleaning and sanitizing practices: Suspend the use of sensory bin play, play-doh, or other clay-like materials. Suspend the use of all costumes and playwear. Suspend the use of all soft toys that can not be easily cleaned. CM will clean all supplies/ equipment at the end of each day following CDC recommendations.
- All hard surfaces will be sanitized daily and as needed. Equipment/ supplies will be separated for sanitizing immediately after being placed in a child’s mouth.
- All frequently touched surfaces (doorknobs, light switches, faucets, and phones) will be sanitized frequently throughout the day
- CM will ensure proper ventilation with open windows, doors (when possible), and air purifiers.
SUSPECTED OR CONFIRMED CASES OF COVID – 19
- If a child becomes sick while in our care, they will be isolated to a quarantined room with proper supervision until a parent can come to pick them up. If COVID- 19 is confirmed, CM will contact our local health department and notify all families of possible exposure. CM will communicate with families orally and through an emailed letter. CM will give the contact information of all exposed families to the local health department.
- If a child has direct exposure with a classmate with a confirmed case of COVID-19, the family should self-quarantine for 14 days. If a child has a confirmed case of COVID-19, they must remain at home for 10 days after symptoms appear.